November 11 – 0900 to 1300
Herwig Schopper – former Director General of CERN; Member, WAAS Board of Trustees.
Ivo Šlaus – Honorary President of WAAS; Dean, Dag Hammarskjöld University College of International Relations and Diplomacy.
Garry Jacobs – CEO of WAAS; Vice President, The Mother’s Service Society.
- Social responsibility and self-governance by the scientific community
MODERATOR – Momir Đurović – President, Montenegrin Academy of Sciences and Arts; Member, WAAS Board of Trustees.
SPEAKER – Martin Rees – Cosmologist; Astrophysicist; Former Master of Trinity College, Cambridge; Former President of the Royal Society (tbc)
- Julia Marton-Lefèvre – former Director General, The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN); Former Rector, University for Peace.
- Ian Burton – Emeritus Professor in the Department of Geography at the University of Toronto; Member, WAAS Board of Trustees; Scientist Emeritus, Environment Canada.
- Nebojša Nešković – Secretary General of WAAS; Head of the TESLA Project, Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Miroslav Radman – Professor of Cellular Biology at the Faculté de Médecine - Necker, Université Paris V, France; Member of the French Academy of Sciences; co-founder of the Mediterranean Institute For Life Sciences, Croatia. (tbc)
- Social responsibility of governments for S&T research, dissemination & application
MODERATOR – Emil Constantinescu – Former President of Romania; Member, WAAS Board of Trustees; Founding President of the Institute for Regional Cooperation and Conflict Prevention.
SPEAKER – Maria da Graça Carvalho – Principal Adviser to the Bureau of European Policy Advisers, European Commission; Member, WAAS Board of Trustees; Full Professor at the Mechanical Engineering Department of Instituto Superior Técnico (Technical University of Lisbon (tbc).
- Winston Nagan – Chair of the Board of WAAS; Professor of Law, University of Florida.
- Saulo Casali Bahia – Federal Judge, Brazil; Member, WAAS Board of Trustees.
- Social responsibility of business for S&T research, dissemination and application
MODERATOR – Bohdan Hawrylyshyn – former Director, International Management Institute, Geneva; Member, WAAS Board of Trustees; Economic advisor to the Ukrainian government.
SPEAKER – Azita Berar Awad – Director of the Employment Policy Department, ILO (tbc)
- Susan Greenfield – Senior Research Fellow, Lincoln College, Oxford University; Former director of the Royal Institution of Great Britain; CEO, Neuro-bio Ltd (tbc)
- Paul Bristow, Co-founder – Pangloss Labs; President, Pangloss Geneva and Vice President, Pangloss France.
November 11 – 1400 to 1730 -- SPECIAL PLENARY SESSION
- Science, Technology & Global Governance
Rolf-Dieter Heuer – Director General, CERN.
Michael Møller – Director General, UNOG; Former Executive Director of the Kofi Annan Foundation.
Heitor Gurgulino de Souza – President, WAAS; Former Vice President, Club of Rome; Former UNU Rector.
- Science, Research and Social Responsibility
KEYNOTE SPEAKER – Marie-Paule Kieny – Assistant Director-General, Health Systems and Innovation, World Health Organization.
- Raymond Torres – Director, International Institute for Labor Studies, ILO
- Alexander Likhotal – President. Green Cross International; Member, WAAS Board of Trustees.
- Anne Miroux – Head of Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) Secretariat ; Representative of Chair of the UN Group on Information Society (UNGIS) (tbc)
- Technology, Innovation and social responsibility
KEYNOTE SPEAKER – Michel Jarraud – Secretary General, World Meteorological Organization
- Houlin Zhao – Secretary General, International Telecommunication Union (tbc)
- Francis Gurry – Director-General, World Intellectual Property Organization; Chair, High-Level Committee on Management (HLCM) of the United Nations System Chief Executives Board (tbc).
- Christophe Rossel – President, European Physical Society; Emeritus Research Staff Member, IBM Research, Zurich